Thursday, August 10, 2006

bbq chicken pizza

The latest rankings of barbeque chicken pizzas are below. For those new to this blog, here is the story of my fascination with the barbeque chicken pizza. Unfortunately this summer I did not sample nearly as many of these tasty dishes as I would have liked. The main reason for this is lack of time -- after spending 3 hours commuting every day it is very difficult to resist the temptation of going home to have a quick sandwich and watch some baseball. By the way, anyone catch the Reds-Cards game last night? Incredible . . .



Rankings

1) Spagio, Columbus, OH: I've missed you, Spagio. I can't wait to see you again.

2) California Pizza Kitchen, Anytown, U.S.A.: Try to go a stand-alone CPK restaurant, not the one in the STL airport.

3) Chez Katie, Lake Zurich, IL: As in Chez Katie Whiting. The only other homemade pizza I had had prior to this was Paul Grant's Sausage Surprise. Ms. Whiting's pie is far superior, although a little strong on the barbeque sauce.

4) Bluestone, Evanston, IL: Good taste, really bad crust.

5) B. Hampton's, Columbus, OH: Props to B. Hampton's for blatant lack of enforcement of the smoking ban.

6) Wool Street Bar & Grille, Barrington, IL: My experience there got off to a bad start when I found out that they don't carry any draft domestic macro brews, although that fits in with Chicago quite well. And when they put a miniscule amount of barbeque sauce on my pizza, that's when I got really upset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home