Friday, July 14, 2006

Florida

It's been a busy week and unfortunately I am leaving in a few minutes for DC, so I have not had enough time to keep this blog up to my standard. I apologize to all you readers out there.

Today I'll leave you with a link to the Miami Herald's article on the incentive package Palm Beach County gave to Office Depot. In the article, an Office Depot spokesman said "Our current facility is obsolete. The new headquarters is really a vehicle for improved business performance and an enabler of profitable growth." Does that mean when other factories become obselete they will be eligible for a sweet deal from the local government? Très unlikely.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Brandon said...

Yes, at times it seems to be pure quid pro quo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home