Sunday, May 28, 2006

first post

Today is the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, 2006. My girlfriend, Katie, is in Wisconsin for a marathon, so I have a few hours to kill. I am using this spare time to create a blog entitled "A Taxing Issue."

Many of my friends run their own blogs, some good, some not so good. But I admire them all for doing so and I have always had interest in starting one up. I didn't want my blog to be about my personal life. If you want to get to know me, get to know me. So where does that leave me?

I'm going to be a third year law student at Ohio State beginning this August. I don't know what exactly I will do with my JD or what type of law I will practice. But I do know that certain things have interested me over the past few years: international trade, specifically import classification; property rights, specifically eminent domain and economic development; and the United States Constitution, even though I did awful in con law.

Recently, I have thought about state tax breaks and incentives. Those of you who know should do know how I generally feel about the topic. For strangers, I won't reveal that now but hopefully will make my position clear as this blog develops. Anyways, that will be the topic of this blog.

At this point, I am far from an expert on this topic and only know my gut feelings. Through frequent posts (at least weekly, hopefully), I plan on exploring many sides of the topic. I don't have any plan on comments or guest posts or anything like that. Actually, I don't have any sort of plan other than the topic I want to discuss.

I'm tired of writing this introductory post, so let's get started.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brandon! Your father sent me the link to your blog....he's obviously very proud of you...which I can understand after reading your posts. My name is Teri, and I'm the wife of your mother's cousin Lon. We met at Betty & George's anniversary party a couple of years back. At any rate, as you probably recall, both Lon and I are attorneys, and we're thrilled that you're choosing that path. It sounds like a career in politics may be in your future! At any rate, I was writing simply to say "good for you...keep thinking and keep blogging"! We have 4 kids (out of 8) that have done only minimal secondary education...(2 have done none!)..and I was starting to lose faith in the next generation to get out there, to work hard and to excell. Clearly, you are making that effort. Bravo! By the way...I LOVED con law!
Take good care, Teri

 
At 4:18 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Brandon said...

Teri,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you liked my blog and hope are able to follow it from time to time. Feel free to comment whenever, take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home