Monday, February 19, 2007

you cannot be serious


I've known for awhile that this upcoming summer will not be a summer of love. Studying for the July 2007 California bar exam not only means flying solo for a few months, but it also means that I will more-than-likely miss the weddings of good friends from college, a good friend from high school, and good friends of Katie.

I received some good news last week when I received a save-the-date postcard from another high school friend. His wedding takes place on September 8 near Oakland. As that is the weekend after my first week of work, I was looking forward to making the 90 minute or so drive to there from Sacramento.

But I've just received breaking news that my cousin has decided to have his wedding on September 8 in Cincinnati. Are you freaking kidding me? Of all the weekends . . .

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. And I'm not talking about which wedding to go to. I'm talking about what to do right here, right now. The frustration and bad luck are distracting me from my studies. So many missed weddings, a complete travesty of justice. I need to vent, but am uncertain how. I could probably go for a Pantera concert, or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home